The brief was to design and build a complete refurbishment of Synthomer’s laboratories and associated offices. The key to the project was bringing together the laboratory areas previously scattered around the complex, into one new area where greater collaboration can drive innovation in product design. At the same time, design all of the utility and gas supply systems for ease of maintenance, flexibility and future growth.
Ensuring compliance with all specific requirements for hazardous manufacturing processes.
The associated office areas were also amalgamated into two large open plan zones to maximise cross transfer of skills to encourage further innovation in the emulsion polymer market.
The focus of the directors of Synthomer was to help establish their position in the market with this new state-of-the-art facility that sets a new standard within their organisation and where they can impress their clientele.
- Concept design including visualisation of the proposed facility
- Surveying of existing laboratory installations including workshops with each department around desired lean processes
- Technical design of laboratories including all mechanical & electrical and specialist systems
- Workspace consultancy for associated office areas
- Cost consultancy and project management
- Enabling works to existing premises including strip-out of laboratory facility
- Remodelling of approach to laboratories including raising ceiling height
- Mechanical & electrical including air-conditioning, fresh air systems and energy efficient LED lighting
- Specialist gas distribution including helium and nitrogen
- Laboratory benching and fume-hood manufacture and installation
- Silicon glazed partitioning, flooring, ceiling and furniture to office areas
Woodhouse performed admirably, professionally and safely, producing excellent standards of work even under difficult constraints. I would highly recommend Woodhouse for the outstanding quality and ability shown throughout the design and installation of laboratories and offices at our site.